The Association of Korean Woman Scientists & Engineers is running a program for foreign women scientists and engineers living in Korea to enhance their global capabilities, engage in academic exchanges, share their experience and challenges in living in Korea. These activities are aimed at supporting them to better perform their roles and responsibilities, set a more concrete foundation on which they can build their research and work career and take greater advantage of high-quality global manpower.
- Transfer development model through academic exchanges between foreign women scientists and engineers based in Korea and Korean women scientists, and promotion of human network
- Engage all foreign women scientists and engineers based in Korea and identify/address their challenges via mentoring program
- Enhancement of the social status and rights of women scientists and engineers
- Establish network between Korean and Foreign Scientists and engineers through regular exchange program.
- Operating area: five regions across Korea (Seoul, Gyeonggi-do and gangwon-do, Daejeon and Chungcheong-do, Busan, Ulsan and Gyeongsangnam-do, Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do, Gwangju and Jeolla-do)
- Academic exchanges, mentoring programs, information offerings
- Information exchange through online activities (symposium, employment, career, Korean culture, all sorts of events)
- Joint workshops, rewards for best activities
Subject of recruitment
- Foreign women scientists and engineers living in Korea
(undergraduate & graduate students, researchers including Postdoctorals)